Confession 1. I am a clip art addict. I loveeeee clip art. Raise your hand if you are in the same boat as me!
Confession 2. I have a hard time remembering what clip art I have (or finding exactly what I want). Does anyone else have the same problem? Sometimes I’m just looking for inspiration, and clicking through each folder isn’t very efficient.
Well… I think I just stumbled on a perfect solution. Image2Icon is a dream come true! Seriously.
So, this is what I was working with: a sea of blue folders.
Look what my clip art looks like now! I now know exactly what I have in each folder.
If I switch to the “Cover Flow View,” I can quickly scroll through the preview images when I’m looking for inspiration (instead of having to open each individual folder). AMAZING!
Want to know the best part? If you use the Image2Icon app, you don’t need to do any coding or move any files. It’s super easy.
When you open the app, this window will pop up.
First, drag the preview image into the circle.
Then, drag the clip art folder into the circle to “set the icon.”
Then–like magic–you have a fancy new icon for your clip art folder. Within seconds. No coding or moving files around. SO EASY! Just three easy steps.
- Open the Image2Icon app.
- Drag and drop your clip art preview image.
- Drag and drop your clip art folder.
Also–if you decide you don’t like the icon you picked, you can click on “Restore” (bottom of the “home” screen) and drag your file to “restore” the blue folder icon.
So easy! What are you waiting for? Download the Image2Icon app now!
Want a few more quick tips?
- Pick a “system” for organizing your clip art. I make a folder for each artist, and then I keep the folders for each individual set. Everyone does things a little differently though; decide what makes the most sense to you!
- To make searching easier, I use tags. I tag folders for products that are paid. I also tag different “categories” of clip art (e.g., papers, borders, etc). You could also tag by season or clip artist, if that make more sense to you!
- Read about more digital organization here.