Today’s post is exciting for many reasons, but I must tell you a funny story first!
I met Jenny at ASHA Connect last year, and we instantly hit it off. She was wearing a headband, which was my signature look during my CF year. 💁🏻 Not many of us rock our headbands, but Jenny and I have that down. If that’s not a sign, then what is?!
We ended up chatting for over an hour in the busy conference hall! We nerded out over SLP research and all the best organization hacks. 🙂
Due to a funny twist of fate, Jenny joined the SLP Now team a few weeks ago! She’s been rocking her role as community manager and has some pretty fabulous plans for us.
I am so thrilled you finally get a chance to meet the lady I’ve come to adore over the past few months!
Now, without further ado, meet the wonderful Jenny Wright!
I’m a self-proclaimed speech nerd who loves learning as much as I can about the field, evidenced-based materials, and exchanging ideas with other SLPs!
Here are 10 fun facts about me:
1. When I was little, I wanted to be a service dog trainer.
2. Favorite food: My family’s Italian, so pasta, of course!
3. I recently moved to Pittsburgh, PA, but I’ll always be a West Virginia girl at heart.
4. I love stationery and have always enjoyed sending and receiving notes in the mail.
5. My happy place: Summertime walks in the park with my husband and our dachshund, Teddy
6. Favorite music group: Straight No Chaser, an a capella group with a twist that creates all their music with no instruments except for their voices
7. I’m a binge-reader. I can never read a book slowly over time; I have to read it non-stop until I finish. I have no self-control when it comes to putting down a book.
8. If I can be cute and comfy at the same time, then that’s a style win in my book. Favorite clothing item is my LuLaRoe leggings!
9. Lesson I’ve learned in the past year: to stand up for myself in the field. That’s been a hard one for me!
10. This year, I want to be purposeful in how I spend my time. Say yes to projects I can pursue passionately…like SLP Now! 🙂
Looking forward to seeing you in the membership!
Friends, please help us give Jenny a big welcome in the comments below! I know you are going to love her just as much as I do!