In this episode, we’re continuing on with part three of our discussion grammar — a super exhilarating topic! Especially when it’s in conjunction with literacy-based therapy.
…See what I did there?
This week we’re talking about grammar for older students, which is even more exhilarating than usual because we’re moving beyond the typical pronouns, verbs, and irregular pronouns, and we’re jumping right into more complex syntax.
After all, who doesn’t love complex syntax?!
Go on and grab your beverage of choice, put your feet up, and get ready to get your nerd on. 🤓
Key Takeaways + Topics Covered
– Review of fundamentals for later grammar goals:
– The five-step framework we’re using for grammar intervention
– The literacy-based therapy framework
– How to target grammar goals using the literacy-based therapy framework
Links Mentioned in the Podcast
– Evidence-based strategies for grammar intervention
– How to target early grammar goals in therapy
– Visuals for complex sentences in the SLP Now Membership
– Connell (1982) article
– Apps that can be used in therapy
– Digital therapy planner
– Snow Day Fever from ReadWorks
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, subscribe today to get the latest episodes sent directly to you! Click here to make your listening experience auto-magic and as easy as possible.
Bonus points if you leave us a review over on iTunes → Those reviews help other SLPs find the podcast, and I love reading your feedback! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews,” “Write a Review,” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is.
Thanks so much!