Confession. I’m a book nerd, and I love using books in therapy. I compiled a list of my favorite books, sorted by month and then by theme. I hope this list helps makes therapy planning easier!
Before we jump into the list, here are a few frequently asked questions…
1. What are the main criteria that you think about when picking a book?
* Text that can easily be read in a 30-minute session (with time for discussion and/or other activities)
* Incorporation of a wide range of concepts and vocabulary
* An engaging storyline
2. There must be hundreds of books here! Do you use them all in therapy?
Not all in one year! I typically use 2-3 books a month.
3. How do you use these books in therapy?
I created activities and guides for many of these books. Check out the SLP Now Membership to access them.
4. I’m on a budget. Do you have any tips to build my library without spending a fortune?
Head over to this post for some ideas that won’t break the bank!
5. How can I access the list?
Check out the links below!
If you prefer a printable version, sign up for access to the FREE SLP Now Resource Library. Enter your name and e-mail below!